Mission and Vision
Quality and well behaved health care services to the humanity to fulfill the fundamental rights of the nation.
MugdaMedical College is committed to produce medical graduates having significant level of professional knowledge, skills and human qualities. Our primary mission is to ensure standard health care services to the patients. Moreover, this institution will enable to adopt facilities, activities and resource mobilization for updated knowledge gaining and applications. So this institute will work under the ethical umbrella of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and other regulatory bodies. The authority and personnel pertinent to act for good governance that must be motivated and habituated to move forward to keeping pace with current and upcoming digital information and communication technology.
- Must acquire the basic medical science through an interdisciplinary approach to the understanding of the processes that support normal development, structure and function of the human organism.
- Able to gain current core knowledge of normal and altered structure and function of organ systems, in order to apply that knowledge to the recognition and management of complex clinical conditions.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate patients and properly manage their medical problems by completing a comprehensive history and physical examination. These steps should be followed by the application of (1) critical thinking to correctly identify patients’ medical problems and to formulate hypotheses as to etiologies and solutions; (2) successful development of diagnostic strategies; and (3) formulation and implementation of a management plan.
- Acquire knowledge of the scientific method in medical diagnosis, treatment and research. The student should be able to evaluate published findings and to apply scientific evidence-based reasoning to the solution of medical problems.
- Acquire current core knowledge to understand the impact of the various stages of life, as well as the effects of gender, life style, socioeconomic status, nutritional factors, genetic characteristics, psychosocial and epidemiologic factors, and culture upon the quality of human health and the prevalence of disease, disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental concepts of continuity of care (preventive, rehabilitative and end-of-life) in addition to the diagnosis of acute medical problems, and be able to apply these concepts to clinical practice on a local, regional, national or international level.
- Exhibit appropriate professional behavior in patient and peer interactions; to adhere to professional standards of ethical behavior; and to function harmoniously and respectfully as a member of a diverse health care team.
- Satisfy requirements essential to enter into the post-graduation studies along the pathway toward licensure for the practice of medical sciences.
- Manifest self-awareness, self-care, self-assessment, and personal growth sufficient to be a role model for others.
- Develop sensitivity toward the need to address and resolve health disparities at all levels.
- Service: maintaining an effective and demandable service-oriented environment that fulfills expectations and treats all the people with softness, nobility, and honour.
- Community converge: manifestation our concern for the health care needs of underserved communities and encouraging for local and national health and public policies directed to improving the quality of health of all individuals.
- Teamwork: Inspiring, undertaking, supporting and valuing the cooperative efforts of faculty members, staffs, and students to advance the quality of medical knowledge, research, and patient care.
- Liability: service to our community, the nation, and the world through combined health programs, medical care, and health education.
- Excellence: excellence in all that we undertake–teaching, research, and service.
- Integrity: adherence to the moral and ethical principles with honesty in knowledge, learning, research, service by the health professionals.
- Novelty: the unrelenting pursuit of knowledge through research and life-long learning.
- Diversity: a commitment to cultural diversity among faculty, staff and students and to ensuring a respectful and ethical academic environment.